ChairPROF. ARTHUR HOSIOS
Associate Chair, Undergraduate affairs
Monday to Friday:
9 - 10:30A.M.
1:30 - 2:45 P.M.
Rotman Commerce & Student Life
Monday to Wednesday:
10 to 11:30 A.M.
2 to 3:30 P.M.
Thursday to Friday:
10 to 11:30 A.M.
Undergraduate assistantMS. DEBORAH NAVARRO
Message from the Associate ChairWelcome to the undergraduate Economics website for prospective and current students. On these pages, you will find information about our programs and courses, as well as other useful resources and links. Read more...
In The News
Economics Courses, Summer 2014A mostly-finalized schedule of Economics courses offered this summer is available at:
A few points are worth highlighting:
- There will be four sections of ECO100Y, with enough combined capacity to accommodate any U of T student who needs to take the course (at least based on previous enrolment patterns);
- ECO204Y is NOT offered. Instead, we are offering two sections of ECO206Y. As always, Rotman Commerce students will be able to take ECO206Y instead of ECO204Y to fulfill RSM program requirements. Note: For Rotman Commerce students (only) with ECO100Y grades of (67%, 68%, 69%), we will waive (for this summer only) the 70% requirement for ECO206Y. This aligns the entry requirements for ECO204Y and ECO206Y.
- Neither ECO325H nor ECO326H are offered this summer.
Note that an LOP (Letter of Permission) from your home university does not necessarily mean that you are qualified to take ECO courses at the University of Toronto. We require a transcript from your home university that demonstrates that you meet all of the prerequisites. For questions concerning the assessment of pre-requisites, please contact Ms. Robbie Innes.
The Economics department invites you to use the Economics Study Center (ESC) as a study area
and meet with Peer Mentors. The Peer Mentors are available to
help students with the following courses, developing effective study habits and mentoring students.
• Introductory Economics (ECO 100Y1, 105Y1)
• Intermediate Microeconomics (ECO 200Y1, 204Y1, 206Y1)
• Intermediate Macroeconomics (ECO 202Y1, 209Y1, 208Y1)
• Quantitative Methods in Economics (ECO 220Y1, 227Y1)
• Finance (ECO358H1, ECO359H1; RSM332H1, RSM333H1)
• Econometrics (ECO374H1, 375H1)
The Center is in Room 110, Economics Department, 150 St. George Street and is open Monday – Tuesday: 9 am - 5 pm; Wednesday -Thursday: 11am - 5pm; and Friday: 11am - 3pm
Please visit the ESC website at http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/index.php/index/undergraduate/load/studyCentre for Peer Mentor schedules and subject specialties.
Check out student events on the Economics Students' Association's (ESA ) website: http://esa.sa.utoronto.ca/.