Professor; Editor-in-Chief, The Energy Journal
Ph.D. (Harvard, 1980), M.A. (Toronto, 1975), B.A. (Toronto, 1974)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 278. Phone: 416-978-7128. Fax: 416-978-6713.
Personal website: http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/yatchew/
Research fields: Econometrics, Applied econometrics, Energy economics, Regulatory economics
- Adonis Yatchew, "Economics of Energy: Big Ideas for the Non-Economist", Energy Research and Social Science 1 (1) (2014), 74–82. (Freely available.)
- Peter Hall and Adonis Yatchew, "Nonparametric Estimation When Data on Derivatives Are Available", Annals of Statistics 35 (1) (2007), a–b.
- Adonis Yatchew and Wolfgang Haerdle, "Nonparametric State Price Density Estimation Using Constrained Least Squares and the Bootstrap", Journal of Econometrics 133 (2) (2006), 579–599.
- Adonis Yatchew, "Semiparametric Regression for the Applied Econometrician", in Themes in Modern Econometrics (edited by P.C.B. Phillips), Cambridge University Press, 2003, 1–213.
- Adonis Yatchew and J.A. No, "Household Gasoline Demand in Canada", Econometrica 69 (6) (2001), 1697–1709.
Honors and awards
- USAEE Senior Fellow Award, 2014.
- Teaching Award, 1987.
Courses taught 2021–2022
- ECO314H1F, section L0101 (St. George) • Energy and the Environment • T1-4, F10-1
- ECO414/1960H1F, section L5101 (St. George) • Energy and Regulation • MR6-9
- ECO314H1F, section L0101 (St. George) • Energy and the Environment • M2-5 • GI
- ECO2401H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • Econometrics II (PhD) (Adonis Yatchew and Victor Aguirregabiria) • T9-11, R9-11 • UC179, MP137
- ECO3400H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • Topics in Econometrics (Adonis Yatchew and Victor Aguirregabiria) • F2-4 • WW126
- ECO414/1960H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • Energy and Regulation • M2-5 • SS1087