- The Department’s Hiring Policy is available in the Department office and at the CUPE, Local 3902 office.
- The positions posted above are tentative, pending final course determination, enrolments and budgetary constraints and include teaching assistantship positions available at UTM.
- This job is posted in accordance with the CUPE 3902, Unit 1 Collective Agreement.
- All applicants should send an e‐mail with their CV to our Graduate Office at email@example.com (with the subject heading “Application for Economics TA Emergency Position
October 19, 2015”).
- Current salary rates (as of May 1, 2015) are: SGS I ‐ $42.47/hr; SGS II ‐ $42.47/hr (plus 4% vacation pay). Please note that should rates stipulated in the collective agreement vary from rates stated in
this posting, the rates stated in the collective agreement shall prevail.
- Although a graduate student’s preference as to the campus location of his/her TA appointment will be taken into account, both the initial TA appointment (or CI appointment) and the subsequent
appointment obligation related to that appointment may be met through position(s) on any one of the three University of Toronto campuses (UTM, UTSC or St. George) in courses in the same discipline as
the initial appointment. TAs will only be assigned to courses in fields in which they are or should be qualified to assist.
* Hiring criteria for the University of Toronto Collective Agreement between the Governing Council of the University of Toronto and the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 3902, Unit 1 can be
found in full in Article 16:03 of the Collective Agreement at http://www.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/about‐hr‐equity/policies‐guidelines‐agreements.htm#CUPE3902Unit1
The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons
with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.