- See CI job postings on the department website at https://www.economics.utoronto.ca/index.php/index/graduate/gciOpenings, CUPE3902Unit1 postings at http://unit1.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/, and in hard copy on the bulletin board adjacent to the elevator on the economics 1B level of 150 St. George Street.
- Interested applicants should contact the Associate Chair, Undergraduate Professor
Gillian C. Hamilton
using the subject heading “Application for Economics CI Position YYYYMMDD”. In your email, please specify which course instructor position(s) you are applying for, in order of preference. Also submit in PDF format a copy of your resume along with a note (email is fine) from your thesis supervisor indicating s/he is satisfied with your program progress and supports your application.
- For “Y” courses, the Department is willing to consider applications for half of the course, i.e., for the 20175 term either the “F” semester (e.g., May-June, 2017) or the “S” semester (e.g., July-August, 2017). Applicants interested in such a co-teaching arrangement should clearly indicate this, and which semester they are willing, or would prefer to teach.
- Undergraduate course descriptions can be found at http://www.artsandscience.utoronto.ca/ofr/calendar/crs_eco.htm
- The undergraduate courses timetable can be found at https://www.economics.utoronto.ca/index.php/index/undergraduate/courses/2 and https://www.economics.utoronto.ca/index.php/index/undergraduate/courses/1
- If during the application and/or selection process you require accommodation due to a disability, please contact the Graduate Administrator at email@example.com.
- The Department’s Hiring Policy is available in the Department office and at the CUPE, Local 3902 office.
- The positions posted above are tentative, pending final course determination, enrolments and budgetary constraints.
- This job is posted in accordance with the CUPE 3902, Unit 1 Collective Agreement.
- Please note that should rates stipulated in the collective agreement vary from rates stated in the posting, the rates stated in the collective agreement shall prevail.
- Duties of this position shall be performed at the campus on which the position is located. Where the duties are intended to be performed at another location, such other location will be specified in the posting.
* Hiring criteria for the University of Toronto Collective Agreement between the Governing Council of the University of Toronto and the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 3902, Unit 1 can be
found in full in Article 16:03 of the Collective Agreement at http://agreements.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/#CUPE3902Unit1
The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons
with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.