There are no job openings at this time.The application link for regular (non-emergency) TA positions form is going to be posted on this website.
TA applications for summer 2023 are open from early March to mid April of 2023.
TA applications for fall and winter 2023/2024 are open from late June to mid July of 2023.
|Campus||Date Posted||Date Closing||File|
|STG||Sep 6, 2023||Sep 11, 2023||STG-2023-09-06-997887335-1-GCI.pdf|
- Emergency STG TA Postings: All applicants should submit application information using this link.
- Emergency UTM TA Postings: Applicants should follow the instructions contained in the UTM posting.
- UG course descriptions are found at https://student.utm.utoronto.ca/calendar/newdep_detail.pl?Depart=9. Graduate course descriptions are found at https://www.economics.utoronto.ca/index.php/index/graduate/courses/.
- The hiring criteria for Teaching Assistant positions are academic qualifications, the need to acquire experience, previous experience and previous satisfactory employment under the provisions of this Collective Agreement.
- The positions posted are tentative, pending final course determination, enrolments and budgetary constraints.
- This job is posted in accordance with the CUPE 3902, Unit 1 Collective Agreement.
- Please note that should rates stipulated in the collective agreement vary from rates stated in the posting, the rates stated in the collective agreement shall prevail.
- Duties of this position shall be performed at the campus on which the position is located. Where the duties are intended to be performed at another location, such other location will be specified in the posting.
- Although a graduate student's preference as to the campus location of his/her TA appointment will be taken into account, both the initial TA appointment (or CI appointment) and the subsequent appointment obligation related to that appointment may be met through position(s) on any one of the three University of Toronto campuses (UTM, UTSC, or St. George) in courses in the same discipline as the initial appointment. TAs will only be assigned to courses in fields in which they are or should be qualified to assist.
- A reminder to applicants that subsequent appointment obligations may be filled on any of the three campuses.
- Positions posted here are open to Graduate Students in the School of Graduate Studies, Postdoctoral Fellows and Undergraduate Students in the University of Toronto.
- Preference in hiring shall be given to Graduate Students enrolled in the School of Graduate Studies of the University of Toronto or those who have made application to be enrolled in the School of Graduate Studies of the University of Toronto.
- The University strives to be an equitable and inclusive community, and proactively seeks to increase diversity among its community members. Our values regarding equity and diversity are linked with our unwavering commitment to excellence in the pursuit of our academic mission. The University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. During employment, to request accommodation from the University, contact the supervisor or department chair and/or Health & Wellbeing Programs & Services at email@example.com. For more information about accommodations at U of T, please visit our Accommodation webpage.
- The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ2S+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
- Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity seeking groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the position.
- Hiring criteria for the University of Toronto Collective Agreement between the Governing Council of the University of Toronto and the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 3902, Unit 1 can be found in full in Article 16:03 of the Collective Agreement found at http://agreements.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/#CUPE3902Unit1.