Application Procedures for Economics STG and UTM positions. (For other positions, refer to the instructions in the posting.)
- See TA job postings on the department website at https://www.economics.utoronto.ca/index.php/index/graduate/taOpenings, CUPE3902Unit1 postings at http://unit1.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/, and in hard copy on the bulletin board adjacent to the elevator on the economics 1B level of 150 St. George Street.
- For regular TA postings, applicants enrolled in our graduate programs (PhD, MA and MFE) must complete a form, an electronic link to which will be provided by the Graduate Office. All other applicants should send an e-mail with their CV to our Graduate Office at email@example.com (with the subject heading "Application for Economics TA Position YYYYMMDD").
- For emergency STG TA Postings, all applicants should send an e-mail with their resume to our Graduate Office at firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject heading "Application for Economics TA Emergency Position YYYYMMDD"). In your email, please specify which TA position(s) you are applying for in order of preference. If you are not a student in an Economics graduate programs (PhD, MA or MFE), please include include your UtorID, email address, and current program of study.
- For emergency UTM TA Postings, applicants should follow the instructions contained in the posting.
- UG course descriptions are found at https://student.utm.utoronto.ca/calendar/newdep_detail.pl?Depart=9. Graduate course descriptions are found at https://www.economics.utoronto.ca/index.php/index/graduate/courses/.
- If during the application and/or selection process you require accommodation due to a disability, please contact the Graduate Administrator at email@example.com.
- The Department's Hiring Policy is available in the Department office and at the CUPE, Local 3902 office.
- The positions posted above are tentative, pending final course determination, enrolments and budgetary constraints.
- This job is posted in accordance with the CUPE 3902, Unit 1 Collective Agreement.
- Please note that should rates stipulated in the collective agreement vary from rates stated in the posting, the rates stated in the collective agreement shall prevail.
- Duties of this position shall be performed at the campus on which the position is located. Where the duties are intended to be performed at another location, such other location will be specified in the posting.
- Although a graduate student's preference as to the campus location of his/her TA appointment will be taken into account, both the initial TA appointment (or CI appointment) and the subsequent appointment obligation related to that appointment may be met through position(s) on any one of the three University of Toronto campuses (UTM, UTSC, or St. George) in courses in the same discipline as the initial appointment. TAs will only be assigned to courses in fields in which they are or should be qualified to assist.
- A reminder to applicants that subsequent appointment obligations may be filled on any of the three campuses.
* Hiring criteria for the University of Toronto Collective Agreement between the Governing Council of the University of Toronto and the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 3902, Unit 1 can be
found in full in Article 16:03 of the Collective Agreement found at http://agreements.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/#CUPE3902Unit1.
The University of Toronto is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.