Professor; Canada Research Chair
Ph.D. (Michigan, 1990), M.A. (York, 1984), B.Comm. (Toronto, 1982)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 274. Phone: 416-978-4138. Fax: 416-978-5079.
Research fields: Labour economics, Public economics, Applied econometrics
- Michael Baker, Maripier Isabelle, Mark Stabile, Sara Allin, "Accounting for the Rising Caesarean Section Rate in Canada—What are the Roles of Changing Needs, Practices and Incentives?", Candian Public Policy 48 (1) (2022), 36–73.
- Michael Baker, "Gender Differences in (Some) Formative Inputs to Child Development", in Intergenerational Mobility: How Gender, Race and Family Structure Affect Adult Outcomes (edited by Jean Kimmel), Upjohn Institute, Kalamazoo, 2022, 109–146.
- Michael Baker, Janet Currie, Boriana Miloucheva, Hannes Schwandt, Josselin Thuilliez, "Inequality in Mortality: Updated Estimates for the United States, Canada and France", Fiscal Studies 42 (1) (2021), 25–46.
- Michael Baker, Yosh Halberstam, Kory Kroft, Alexandre Mas, Derek Messacar, "Pay Transparency and the Gender Gap", American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, forthcoming.
- Michael Baker, Derek Messacar, Mark Stabile, "The Effects of Child Tax Benefits on Poverty and Labor Supply: Evidence from the Canada Child Benefit and Universal Child Care Benefit", Journal of Labor Economics, forthcoming.