Professor; Canada Research Chair
Ph.D. (Michigan, 1990), M.A. (York, 1984), B.Comm. (Toronto, 1982)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 238. Phone: 416-978-4138. Fax: 416-978-5079.
Research fields: Labour economics, Public economics, Applied econometrics
- Michael Baker, Jonathan Gruber, Kevin Milligan, "The Long-Run Impacts of a Universal Child Care Program", American Economic Journal: Economic Policy 11 (3) (2019), 1–26.
- Michael Baker, Janet Currie, Hannes Schwandt, "Mortality Inequality in Canada and the U.S.: Divergent or Convergent Trends?", Journal of Labor Economics 37 (S2) (2019), S325–S353.
- Michael Baker and Kirsten Cornelson, "Title IX and the Spatial Content of Female Employment—Out of the Lab and into the Labor Market", Labour Economics 58 (2019), 128–144.
- Michael Baker and Kirsten Cornelson, "Gender Based Occupational Segregation and Sex Differences in Sensory, Motor and Spatial Aptitudes", Demography 55 (5) (2018), 1749–1775.
- Michael Baker and Kevin Milligan, "Boy-Girl Differences in Parental Time Investments: Evidence from Three Countries", Journal of Human Capital 10 (4) (2016), 399–441.
Courses taught 2019–2020
- PPG1002H1F, section L0101 (St. George) • Microeconomics for policy analysis • W9-12