NewsECONOMICS IN THE PUBLIC SPHERE
Media contributions from, and references to, the department's experts. From August 2017 onwards (most recent first).
- January 3, 2018 Professor Gustavo Indart
- November 29, 2017 Professor Loren Brandt
- The Globe and Mail – "Canadians skeptical of China trade deal as Ottawa set to launch talks"
- November 17, 2017 Professor Michael Smart
- November 15, 2017 Professor Ismael Mourifié
- The Globe and Mail, on Mourifié's Polanyi Prize-winning research – "Why don’t women go into engineering? Because they think they can't, researcher finds"
- October 16, 2017 Professor Philip Oreopoulos
- September 28, 2017 Professor Michael Trebilcock, author of the C.D. Howe Institute report, Ontario’s Green Energy Experience: Sobering Lessons for Sustainable Climate Change Policies
- JWN Energy – "Sobering lessons learned in Ontario"
- September 14, 2017 Professor Michelle Alexopoulos was a panelist in the Bank of Canada workshop Monetary Policy Framework Issues: Toward the 2021 Inflation-Target Renewal, with her remarks being reported in a number of outlets.
- The Globe and Mail – "BoC eager to be more transparent but won't signal every rate move"
- The Canadian Press – "Bank of Canada governor's communication approach under scrutiny at conference". Article widely published, including CTV News, Toronto Star, Metro News, Financial Post, Nainaimo News Now.
- August 21, 2017 Professor Gustavo Indart
- August 18, 2017 Professor Michael Trebilcock
- August 14, 2017 Professor Daniel Trefler
- August 13, 2017 Professor Philip Oreopoulos (author)