Ph.D. (Tilburg, 2012)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 209. Phone: 416-946-3298. Fax: 416-978-6713.
Personal website: http://sites.google.com/site/petercziraki/
Research fields: Financial economics, Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance
- Peter Cziraki, "Trading by Bank Insiders before and during the 2007–2008 Financial Crisis", Journal of Financial Intermediation 33 (2018), 58–82. (Freely available.)
- Peter Cziraki, Peter de Goeij, Luc Renneboog, "Corporate Governance Rules and Insider Trading Profits", Review of Finance 18 (1) (2014), 67–108. (Freely available.)
- Peter Cziraki, Luc Renneboog, Peter Szilagyi, "Shareholder Activism through Proxy Proposals: The European Perspective", European Financial Management 16 (5) (2010), 738–777. (Freely available.)
- Peter Cziraki and Moqi Groen-Xu, "CEO Turnover and Volatility under Long-Term Employment Contracts", Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
Honors and awards
- U of T Department of Economics Faculty Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 2017.
- Best PhD Dissertation, Tilburg University, 2013.
Courses taught 2018–2019
- ECO2503H1F, section L0201 (St. George) • Financial Economics I • M 12-3 • GE 100
- ECO2503H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • Financial Economics I • M11-2 • BF323
- ECO2511H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • Empirical Financial Economics • T11-1, T5-6 • GE100
- ECO464H1S, section L5101 (St. George) • Empirical Financial Economics • T6-9 • WO 30