Ph.D (Berkeley, 2011), B.A. (New York University, 2005)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 326. Phone: 416-946-7630.
Personal website: http://individual.utoronto.ca/shari_eli/
Research fields: Economic history, Health economics
- Shari Eli and Nicholas Li, "Caloric Intake and Energy Expenditures in India", World Bank Economic Review 00 (2020), 1–19.
- Shari Eli, Laura Salisbury, Allison Shertzer, "Ideology and Migration after the American Civil War", Journal of Economic History 78 (3) (2018), 822–861.
- A. Aizer, Shari Eli, Joseph Ferrie, A. Lleras Muney, "The Long Run Impact of Cash Transfers to Poor Families", American Economic Review 106 (4) (2016), 935–971. (Freely available.)
- Shari Eli and Laura Salisbury, "Patronage Politics and the Development of the Welfare State: Confederate Pensions in the American South", Journal of Economic History 76 (4) (2016), 1078–1112.
- Shari Eli, "Income Effects on Health: Evidence from Union Army Pensions", Journal of Economic History 75 (2015), 448–478.
- Shari Eli and Laura Salisbury, "Patronage Politics and the Development of the Welfare State: Confederate Pensions in the American South", NBER Working Paper #20829, 2015.
Honors and awards
- Dean's Excellence Award, University of Toronto, 2018.
- Outstanding Reviewer Award, Journal of Health Economics, 2017.
- Dean's Excellence Award, University of Toronto, 2015.
- U of T Department of Economics Faculty Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 2013.
Courses taught 2021–2022
- ECO2620H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • Topics in Health Economics • R1-3 • SS1088
- ECO306H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • American Economic History • T2-5 • OI 2214