Professor; Canada Research Chair
Ph.D. (Minnesota, 1998), M.A. (Minnesota, 1996)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 201. Phone: 416-978-5114. Fax: 416-978-6713.
Personal website: http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/diegor/
Research fields: Macroeconomics, Economic development
- Ashantha Ranasinghe and Diego Restuccia, "Financial Frictions and the Rule of Law", Journal of Development Economics 134 (2018), 248–271. (Freely available.)
- Diego Restuccia and Richard Rogerson, "The Causes and Costs of Misallocation", Journal of Economic Perspectives 31 (3) (2017), 151–174. (Freely available.)
- Tasso Adamopoulos and Diego Restuccia, "The Size Distribution of Farms and International Productivity Differences", American Economic Review 104 (6) (2014), 1667–1697. (Freely available.)
- Margarida Duarte and Diego Restuccia, "The Role of the Structural Transformation in Aggregate Productivity", Quarterly Journal of Economics 125 (1) (2010), 129–173.
- Margarida Duarte and Diego Restuccia, "Relative Prices and Sectoral Productivity", Journal of European Economic Association, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
Honors and awards
- Keynote lecture, Southern Workshop in Macroeconomics, University of Auckland, 2014.
- Dean's Excellence Award, University of Toronto, Faculty of Arts and Science, 2013.
- Keynote speaker, Workshop in Macoeconomic Dynamics, Australian National University, 2006.
Courses taught 2018–2019
- ECO2704H1F, section L0101 (St. George) • Topics in Growth and Development • M5-7 • WW119
- ECO208Y1Y, section L0101 (St. George) • Macroeconomic Theory • T11-1, F2-4 • BA 1170