Ph.D. (Brown, 1995)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 332. Phone: 416-978-5110. Fax: 416-978-6713.
Personal website: http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/mturner/index.htm
Research fields: Environmental economics, Urban economics, Political economy
- Gilles Duranton and Matthew Turner, "Urban growth and transportation", Review of Economic Studies 79 (4) (2012), 1407–1440. (Freely available.)
- Gilles Duranton and Matthew Turner, "The Fundamental Law of Road Congestion: Evidence from the US", American Economic Review 101 (6) (2011), 2616–2652.
- Martin J. Osborne and Matthew Turner, "Cost benefit analyses versus referenda", Journal of Political Economy 118 (1) (2010), 156–187.
- Peter Morrow, Gilles Duranton, Matthew Turner, "Roads and Trade: Evidence from the U.S.", Review of Economic Studies, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
- Matthew Turner, Wilbert van der Klaauw, Andrew Haughwout, "Land use regulation and welfare", Econometrica, forthcoming.
Honors and awards
- National Fellow, Hoover Institution, Stanford University, 2001-02.
- Marine Policy and Ocean Management Post-doctoral Fellowship, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, 1994-95.
- Abrahmson Award for outstanding thesis research, Brown University, 1994.
- Graduate: Environmental Economics
- Graduate: Microeconomics
- Undergraduate: Environmental Economics
- Undergraduate: Intermediate Microeconomics
- Undergraduate: Resource Economics