Ph.D. (Chicago, 1991)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 200. Phone: 416-978-7134. Fax: 416-978-6713.
Office: University of Toronto, Mississauga, 3228. Phone: 905-828-3907.
Personal website: http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/xzhu
Research fields: Macroeconomics, Economic development, Chinese Economy
- Xiaodong Zhu, "Understanding China's Growth: Past, Present and Future", Journal of Economic Perspectives 26 (4 (Fall)) (2012), 103–124. (Freely available.)
- Diego Restuccia, Dennis Tao Yang, Xiaodong Zhu, "Agriculture and Aggregate Productivity: A Quantitative Cross-Country Analysis", Journal of Monetary Economics 55 (2) (2008), 234–250.
- Loren Brandt and Xiaodong Zhu, "Redistribution in a Decentralized Economy: Growth and Inflation in Reform China", Journal of Political Economy 108 (2000), 422–439.
- Xiaodong Zhu, "Optimal Fiscal Policy in a Stochastic Growth Model", Journal of Economic Theory 58 (1992), 250–289.
- Dennis Tao Yang and Xiaodong Zhu, "Modernization of Agriculture and Long-Term Growth", Journal of Monetary Economics, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
Honors and awards
- Dean's Excellence Award, University of Toronto Mississauga, 2015.
- Keynote Speaker, International Conference on Chinese Economy, Hong Kong Institute of Monetary Research, 2013.
- Dean's Excellence Award, University of Toronto Mississauga, 2013.
- Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation Fellowship, 1990.
Courses taught 2017–2018
- ECO435H5S, section L0101 (UTM) • Growth & Development of Chinese Economy