Ph.D. (Chicago, 1991)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 200. Phone: 416-978-7134. Fax: 416-978-6713.
Office: University of Toronto, Mississauga, 3236. Phone: 905-828-3907.
Personal website: http://homes.chass.utoronto.ca/~xzhu/
Research fields: Macroeconomics, Economic development, Chinese Economy
- Tombe Trevor and Xiaodong Zhu, "Trade, Migration, and Productivity: A Quantitative Analysis of China", American Economic Review 109 (5) (2019), 1843–1872. (Freely available.)
- Xiaodong Zhu, "Understanding China's Growth: Past, Present and Future", Journal of Economic Perspectives 26 (4 (Fall)) (2012), 103–124. (Freely available.)
- Diego Restuccia, Dennis Tao Yang, Xiaodong Zhu, "Agriculture and Aggregate Productivity: A Quantitative Cross-Country Analysis", Journal of Monetary Economics 55 (2) (2008), 234–250.
- Loren Brandt and Xiaodong Zhu, "Redistribution in a Decentralized Economy: Growth and Inflation in Reform China", Journal of Political Economy 108 (2000), 422–439.
- Xiaodong Zhu, "Optimal Fiscal Policy in a Stochastic Growth Model", Journal of Economic Theory 58 (1992), 250–289.
Honors and awards
- Dean's Excellence Award, University of Toronto Mississauga, 2015.
- Keynote Speaker, International Conference on Chinese Economy, Hong Kong Institute of Monetary Research, 2013.
- Dean's Excellence Award, University of Toronto Mississauga, 2013.
- Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation Fellowship, 1990.