Ph.D. (CEMFI - Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1995), M.Sc. (London School of Economics, 1991), M.Sc. (CEMFI - Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1990), B.A. (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1988)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 309. Phone: 416-978-4358.
Personal website: http://individual.utoronto.ca/vaguirre/
Research fields: Industrial organization, Econometrics, Applied econometrics
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Gustavo Vicentini, "Dynamic Spatial Competition between Multi-Store Firms", Journal of Industrial Economics 64 (4) (2016), 710–754. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria, Robert Clark, Hui Wang, "Diversification of Geographic Risk in Retail Bank Networks: Evidence from Bank Expansion after the Riegle-Neal Act", RAND Journal of Economics 47 (3) (2016), 529–572. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Pedro Mira, "Identification of Games of Incomplete Information with Multiple Equilibria and Unobserved Heterogeneity", Quantitative Economics, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Jihye Jeon, "Firms’ Beliefs and Learning: Models, Identification, and Empirical Evidence", Review of Industrial Organization, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Arvind Magesan, "Identification and Estimation of Dynamic Games when Players' Beliefs Are Not in Equilibrium", Review of Economic Studies, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
Honors and awards
- Honorary Fellow of the Spanish Economic Association, 2015.
- CEPR Research Fellow, 2013.
- Keynote Speaker: Conference of the European Association for Research in Industrial Economics (EARIE), 2007.
- London School of Economics, Ely Devons Prize, 1991.
Courses taught 2018–2019
- ECO310H1F, section L0101 (St. George) • Empirical Industrial Organization • M10-1 • OI 2214
- ECO2401H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • Econometrics II (PhD) (Adonis Yatchew and Victor Aguirregabiria) • M9-11, W9-11 • IN204, GE100
- ECO2901H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • Industrial Organization II • R9-11 • WO25