Ph.D. (CEMFI - Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1995), M.Sc. (London School of Economics, 1991), M.Sc. (CEMFI - Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1990), B.A. (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1988)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 309. Phone: 416-978-4358.
Personal website: http://individual.utoronto.ca/vaguirre/
Research fields: Applied econometrics, Industrial organization, Econometrics
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Gustavo Vicentini, "Dynamic Spatial Competition between Multi-Store Firms", Journal of Industrial Economics 64 (4) (2016), 710–754. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria, Robert Clark, Hui Wang, "Diversification of Geographic Risk in Retail Bank Networks: Evidence from Bank Expansion after the Riegle-Neal Act", RAND Journal of Economics 47 (3) (2016), 529–572. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Junichi Suzuki, "Identification and Counterfactuals in Dynamic Models of Market Entry and Exit", Quantitative Marketing and Economics 12 (3) (2014), 267–304. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Cesar Alonso-Borrego, "Labor Contracts and Flexibility: Evidence from a Labor Market Reform in Spain", Economic Inquiry 52 (2) (2014), 930–957. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Arvind Magesan, "Euler Equations for Estimation of Dynamic Discrete Choice Structural Models", Advances in Econometrics 31 (2013), 3–44. (Freely available.)
Honors and awards
- CEPR Research Fellow, 2013.
- Keynote Speaker: Conference of the European Association for Research in Industrial Economics (EARIE), 2007.
- London School of Economics, Ely Devons Prize, 1991.