Associate Professor; Associate Chair, UTM
Ph.D. (University of Rochester, 2001), M.A. (University of Rochester, 1998), B.A. (Universidade Nova de Lisboa, 1993)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 206. Phone: 416-978-6208.
Office: University of Toronto, Mississauga, 3242.
Personal website: http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/duarte/
Research fields: Macroeconomics, International economics
- Margarida Duarte and Diego Restuccia, "The Role of the Structural Transformation in Aggregate Productivity", Quarterly Journal of Economics 125 (1) (2010), 129–173.
- Margarida Duarte and Maurice Obstfeld, "Monetary Policy in the Open Economy Revisited: The Case for Exchange-Rate Flexibility Restored", Journal of International Money and Finance 27 (6) (2008), 949–957.
- Michael Dotsey and Margarida Duarte, "Nontraded Goods, Market Segmentation, and Exchange Rates", Journal of Monetary Economics 55 (6) (2008), 1129–1142.
- Margarida Duarte and Alan C. Stockman, "Rational Speculation and Exchange Rates", Journal of Monetary Economics 52 (1) (2005), 3–29.
- Margarida Duarte and Diego Restuccia, "Relative Prices and Sectoral Productivity", Journal of European Economic Association, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
Honors and awards
- Dean's Merit Award, 2010.
Courses taught 2018–2019
- ECO365H5F, section L0101 (UTM) • International Monetary Economics
- ECO2301H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • International Monetary Theory • R11-1 • WO25
- ECO362H5S, section L0101 (UTM) • Economic Growth:Theory and Evidence