James E. Pesando
Ph.D. (Toronto, 1971), M.A. (Berkeley, 1968), B.A. (Harvard, 1967)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 274. Phone: 416-978-8625. Fax: 416-978-5519.
Personal website: http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/pesando
Research fields: Macroeconomics, Financial economics
- James E. Pesando and Pauline Shum, "The Auction Market for Modern Prints: Confirmations, Contradictions, and New Puzzles", Economic Inquiry 46 (2008), 149–159.
- James E. Pesando and Pauline Shum, "Investing in Art: A Cautionary Tale", Journal of Wealth Management 9 (4) (2007), 80–87.
- James E. Pesando and Pauline Shum, "The Law of One Price, Noise and 'Irrational Exuberance': The Auction Market for Picasso Prints", Journal of Cultural Economics 31 (4) (2007), 263–277.
- James E. Pesando, "The Canada Pension Plan: Looking Back at Recent Reforms", in The State of Economics in Canada, Festschrift in Honour of David Slater (edited by Patrick Grady and Andrew Sharpe), McGill-Queen's University Press, 2001, 137–150.
- James E. Pesando, "Art as an Investment: The Market for Modern Prints", American Economic Review 83 (5) (1993), 1075–1089.
Honors and awards
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Arts and Science -- Outstanding Teaching Award, 2006.
- Pension Research Council, Wharton School, Univ. of Pennsylvania, 1982 to 1992.
- Research Associate, National Bureau of Economic Research, 1979 to 1990.
- Economics 100
- Economics 2500F and Economics 2501S