Ph.D. (Stanford, 1999), B.A. (Oxford, 1988)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 302. Phone: 416-978-4190. Fax: 416-978-6713.
Office: University of Toronto, Mississauga, 3220. Phone: 905-828-3911.
Personal website: http://homes.chass.utoronto.ca/~mcmillan/
Research fields: Public economics, Economics of education
- Patrick Bayer, Robert McMillan, Christopher Timmins, Alvin Murphy, "A Dynamic Model of Demand for Houses and Neighborhoods", Econometrica 84 (3) (2016), 893–942.
- Patrick Bayer and Robert McMillan, "Choice and Competition in Local Education Markets", NBER Working Paper 11082, 2010.
- Patrick Bayer, Fernando Ferreira, Robert McMillan, "A Unified Framework for Measuring Preferences for Schools and Neighborhoods", Journal of Political Economy 115 (4) (2007), 588–638.
- Patrick Bayer, Robert McMillan, Kim Rueben, "An Equilibrium Model of Sorting in an Urban Housing Market", NBER Working Paper 10865, 2005.
- Robert McMillan, "Competition, Incentives, and Public School Productivity", Journal of Public Economics 89 (2005), 1131–1154.
Honors and awards
- Research Associate, NBER, 2011.
- Faculty Research Fellow, NBER, 2005.
- Outstanding Dissertation Award, National Tax Association, 2000.
Courses taught 2019–2020
- ECO383H5F, section L0101 (UTM) • Introduction to Empirical Methods of Microeconomics
- ECO2601H1S, section L5101 (St. George) • Public Economics II • T5-7 • GE100
- ECO336Y5Y, section L0101 (UTM) • Public Economics