Ph.D. (London School of Economics, 1980)
Office: University of Toronto, Mississauga, 3216. Phone: 905-828-3904.
Personal website: http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/anderson/
Research fields: Applied econometrics
- Gordon Anderson, Oliver Linton, Teng Wah Leo, "A Polarization-Cohesion Perspective on Cross Country Convergence", Journal of Economic Growth 17 (2013), 46–69.
- Gordon Anderson, Oliver Linton, Y-J Whang, "Nonparametric Estimation and Inference about the Overlap of Two Distributions.", Journal of Econometrics 171 (2012), 1–23.
- Gordon Anderson and Kinda Hachem, "Institutions and Economic Outcomes: A Dominance-Based Analysis.", Econometric Reviews 32 (2012), 164–182.
- Gordon Anderson and Teng Wah Leo, "An Empirical Examination of Matching Theories: The One Child Policy, Partner Choice and Matching Intensity in Urban China", Journal of Comparative Economics 41 (2012), 468–489.
- Gordon Anderson, Ian Crawford, Andrew Leicester, " Welfare Rankings for Multivariate Data: A Non-Parametric Approach", Journal of Public Economics 95 (2011), 247–252.
Honors and awards
- Connaught Senior Research Fellowship, 2005.
- Journal of Applied Econometrics Distinguished Author Award, 2004.
- The Bowley Prize for Applied Statistics, 1982.
Courses taught 2020–2021
- ECO436H5S, section L0101 (UTM) • Measuring Wellbeing