Publications of Gordon Anderson
- Gordon Anderson, "Measuring Aspects of Mobility, Polarization and Convergence in the Absence of Cardinality: Indices Based Upon Transitional Typology", Social Indicators Research, forthcoming.
- Gordon Anderson and Teng Wah Leo, "A Note on a Family of Criteria for Evaluating Test Statistics", Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, forthcoming.
- Gordon Anderson, Oliver Linton, Jasmin Thomas, "Similarity, dissimilarity and exceptionality: generalizing Gini’s transvariation to measure “differentness” in many Distributions", Metron, forthcoming.
- Gordon Anderson, Grazia Pittau, Roberto Zelli, "Poverty Status Probability: A New Approach to Measuring Poverty and the Progress of the Poor", Journal of Economic Inequality, forthcoming.
- Gordon Anderson, Allesio Farcomeni, Grazia Pittau, Roberto Zelli, "A new approach to measuring and studying the characteristics of class membership: Examining poverty, inequality and polarization in Urban China", Journal of Econometrics 191 (2) (2015), 348–359.
- Gordon Anderson and Teng Wah Leo, "Quantifying The Progress of Economic and Social Justice: Charting Changes in Equality of Opportunity in the United States 1960-2000", Journal of Human Development and Capabilities 18 (1) (2015), 17–45.
- Gordon Anderson, Oliver Linton, Teng Wah Leo, "A Polarization-Cohesion Perspective on Cross Country Convergence", Journal of Economic Growth 17 (2013), 46–69.
- Gordon Anderson and Kinda Hachem, "Institutions and Economic Outcomes: A Dominance-Based Analysis.", Econometric Reviews 32 (2012), 164–182.
- Gordon Anderson and Teng Wah Leo, "An Empirical Examination of Matching Theories: The One Child Policy, Partner Choice and Matching Intensity in Urban China", Journal of Comparative Economics 41 (2012), 468–489.
- Gordon Anderson, Oliver Linton, Y-J Whang, "Nonparametric Estimation and Inference about the Overlap of Two Distributions.", Journal of Econometrics 171 (2012), 1–23.
- Gordon Anderson, Ian Crawford, Andrew Leicester, " Welfare Rankings for Multivariate Data: A Non-Parametric Approach", Journal of Public Economics 95 (2011), 247–252.
- Gordon Anderson, "Polarization of the Poor: Multivariate Relative Poverty Measurement Sans Frontiers", Review of Income and Wealth 56 (1) (2010), 84–101.
- Gordon Anderson, Ying Ge, Leo Teng Wah, "Distributional Overlap: Simple, Multivariate, Parametric and Non-Parametric Tests for Alienation, Convergence and general distributional difference issues", Econometric Reviews 29 (3) (2009), 247–275.
- Gordon Anderson and Leo Teng Wah, "Child Poverty and Generational Mobility in Urban China", Review of Income and Wealth 55 (2009), 607–629.
- Gordon Anderson, Ian Crawford, Andrew Leicester, "Statistical Tests for Multidimensional Poverty Analysis", in Quantitative Approaches to Multidimensional Poverty Measurement (edited by Kakwani and Silber), Palgrave Macmillan, 2006, 29–31.
- Gordon Anderson, "Life Expectancy, Welfare and Inequality: The Example of Africa in the 1990s", Review of Income and Wealth (2005)
- Gordon Anderson and Ying Ge, "The Distribution of Chinese City Sizes", Journal of Regional Science and Urban Economics (2005)
- Gordon Anderson, "Making Inferences About the Polarization, Welfare and Poverty of Nations: A Study of 101 Countries 1970-1995", Journal of Applied Econometrics 19 (2004), 537–550.
- Gordon Anderson, "Toward an Empirical Analysis of Polarization", Journal of Econometrics 122 (2004), 1–26.
- Gordon Anderson and Ying Ge, "Do Economic Reforms Accelerate Urban Growth: The Case of China", Urban Studies 11 (2004), 2197–2210.
- Gordon Anderson, "Poverty in America 1970-1990: Who Did Gain Ground? An Application of Stochastic Dominance Criteria Employing Simultaneous Inequality Tests in a Partial Panel", Journal of Applied Econometrics 18 (6) (2003), 621–640.
- Gordon Anderson, "The Power and Size of Nonparametric Tests for Common Distributional Characteristics", Econometric Reviews (2001), 1–30.
- Gordon Anderson, "Nonparametric Tests of Stochastic Dominance in Income Distributions", Econometrica 64 (1996), 1183–1193.
- Gordon Anderson, "Simple Tests of Distributional Form", Journal of Econometrics (1994), 265–276.
- Gordon Anderson, Dwayne Benjamin, Melvyn A. Fuss, "The Determinants of Success in University Introductory Economics Courses", Journal of Economic Education 25 (2) (1994), 99–121.
- Gordon Anderson, "An Empirical Note on Assessing Dynamic Efficiency: Integration, Cointegration and the Long Run", Journal of Structural Change and Economic Dynamics 4 (2) (1993)
- Gordon Anderson, "Expenditure Allocation Across Non-Durables, Services, Durables and Savings: An Empirical Study of Separability in the Long Run", Journal of Applied Econometrics 6 (1991), 153–168.
- Gordon Anderson, "An Empirical Note on the Independence of Technology and Financial Structure", Canadian Journal of Economics 23 (1990), 693–699.
- Gordon Anderson, "Investment, Finance and Corporate Tax Policy", in Factors in Business Investment (edited by Michael Funke), Springer Verlag, 1989.
- Gordon Anderson and G.E. Mizon, "What Can Econometrics Contribute to the Analysis of Economic Structural Change", in Statistical Analysis and Forecasting of Economic Structural Change (edited by P. Henckel), Amsterdam, North Holland, Netherlands, 1988.
- Gordon Anderson, "Comments on An Empirical Assessment of Present Value Relations", Econometric Reviews (1987), 235–239.
- Gordon Anderson, "Prediction Tests in Limited Dependent Variables Models", Journal of Econometrics (1987), 253–261.
- Gordon Anderson and R.W. Blundell, "Consumer Non Durables in the U.K.: A Dynamic Demand System", Economic Journal (1984), 35–44.
- Gordon Anderson and D.F. Hendry, "An Economic Model of United Kingdom Building Societies", Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics (1984), 185–210.
- Gordon Anderson, "Investment - The Recent U.K. Experience", Economic Review (1983)
- Gordon Anderson, "The Internal Financing Behaviour of Industrial and Commercial Companies in the U.K.: A Reconsideration of Lintner's Model of Dividend Disbursements", Economica (1983), 235–248.
- Gordon Anderson and R.W. Blundell, "Testing Restrictions in a Flexible Dynamic Demand System: An Application to Consumers Expenditure in Canada", Review of Economic Studies (1983), 397–410.
- Gordon Anderson, "The Financial Dynamics of Investment Expenditures: An Empirical Study", in Selected Papers on Contemporary Econometric Problems (edited by E.G. Charatsis), , 1982, 333–378.
- Gordon Anderson and R.W. Blundell, "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Dynamic Singular Equation Systems", Econometrica (1982), 1559–1572.
- Gordon Anderson, "A New Approach to the Empirical Investigation of Investment Expenditures", Economic Journal (1981), 88–103.
- Gordon Anderson, "An Economic Model of Manufacturing Investment in the U.K.: A Comment", Economic Journal (1981), 122–123.
- Gordon Anderson, "Investment and Profits in the Industrial and Commercial Sector", in The Economics of the Profit Crisis (edited by W. Martin), HMSO, London, 1981, 147–181.
- Gordon Anderson, "The Structure of Simultaneous Equations Estimators: A Comment", Journal of Econometrics (1980), 271–276.
- Gordon Anderson, "Unobservables and the Use of Overlapping Measures as Proxy Variables", Review of Economic Studies (1980), 371–384.
- Gordon Anderson and D.F. Hendry, "Testing Dynamic Specification in Small Simultaneous Systems: an Application to a Model of Building Society Behaviour in the U.K.", in Frontiers of Econometrics (edited by M.D. Intrilligator), , 1977, 361–383.
- Ivor Pearce, Pravin Trivedi, C. T. Stromback, Gordon Anderson, A Model of Output, Employment, Wages and Prices in the U.K., Cambridge University Press, 1976.