Ph.D. (Western Ontario, 1973), M.Sc. (Southern Illinois, 1970), B.A. (American University in Cairo, 1969)
Personal website: http://www.chass.utoronto.ca/~fcasas
Research fields: International economics, Economics of education
- François Casas and Diane E. Meaghan, "Bias in standardized testing and the misuse of test scores - Exposing the achilles heel of educational reform", in Passing the Test: The False Promises of Standardized Testing (edited by Marita Moll), Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, Toronto, 2004.
- François Casas and Diane E. Meaghan, "Renewing the Debate Over the Use of Standardized Testing in the Evaluation of Learning and Teaching", Interchange 32 (2) (2001), 147–81.
- François Casas and Diane E. Meaghan, "Upgrading, Slow-Tracking and the Aging of the Ontario Student Population", Educational Practice and Theory 18 (1) (1996), 65–80.
- François Casas and Diane E. Meaghan, "The Impact of University Admission Practices on High School Student Achievement", Higher Education Perspectives 1 (1996), 60–72.
- François Casas and Diane E. Meaghan, "A Study of Repeated Courses Among Secondary Students in Ontario", Journal of Educational Research 90 (2) (1996), 116–27.
Honors and awards
- President's Cup for highest ranking graduate, 1969.
- Academic Honor Award, 1968, 1969.
- Dean's Honor Roll - High Honors, 1967-68, 1968-69.