Ph.D. (Northwestern, 2011), M.A. (Northwestern, 2008), B.A. (Hebrew University, 2006)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 311. Phone: 416-978-4537.
Personal website: http://individual.utoronto.ca/halberstam/
Research fields: Political economy, Applied microeconomics
- Yosh Halberstam and Brian Knight, "Homophily, group gize, and the diffusion of political information in social networks: Evidence from Twitter", Journal of Public Economics 143 (2016), 73–88.
- Yosh Halberstam and Pablo Montagnes, "Presidential coattails versus the median voter: Senator selection in US elections", Journal of Public Economics 121 (2015), 40–51.
Honors and awards
- Dean's Excellence Award, University of Toronto, 2015.
Courses taught 2018–2019
- ECO2060H1S, section L0201 (St. George) • Economic Theory - Micro • M 4-6, F2-4, W 10-11 • GE 100
- ECO334H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • Political Economy • R1-4 • BL 205