Ph.D. (Brown, 2002), M.A. (Brown, 2000), B.A. (Williams College, )
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 212. Phone: 416-978-4965. Fax: 416-978-6713.
Personal website: http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/ahussain
Research fields: Industrial organization
- Ajaz Hussain and Serkan Bahceci, "Network Structure and Design in the Deregulated U.S. Airline Industry: an Argument for Re-Regulation?", Working Paper 325, Department of Economics, University of Toronto, 2008.
- Ajaz Hussain, "An R&D Race with Uncertain Technical Feasibility and Timing of Innovation", in Mechanisms & Policies in Economics (edited by John Roufagalas), ATINER, Athens, 2007, 105–125.
- Ajaz Hussain, "Fundamental and Secondary R&D Races", The B.E Journal of Theoretical Economics 6 (1) (2006), 1–20. (Freely available.)
- Ajaz Hussain, "Oligopoly, Game Theory ", in Encyclopedia of Managerial Economics (edited by Robert McAuliffe), Blackwell Publishers, Boston, MA, 2006, 142–146.
- Ajaz Hussain, Managerial Economics, Study Guide (Samuelson & Marks), Wiley Press, NJ, 2003.
Honors and awards
- University of Toronto, Department of Economics Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 2010.
- Bernard E. Bruce Award, Brown University, 2002.
- Stephen Ehrlich Foundation Research Fellowship, Brown University, 1999.
- ECO 1010: Mathematics and Statistics for MA and MFE Program (Fall 2012)
- ECO 204: Microeconomic Theory for Commerce (2012 - 2013)
- ECO 404: Topics in Managerial Economics (Spring 2013)