Associate Professor, Teaching Stream
Ph.D. (Brown, 2002), M.A. (Brown, 2000), B.A. (Williams College, )
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 178. Phone: 416-978-8997.
Personal website: http://www.economics.utoronto.ca/ahussain
Research fields: Financial economics, Industrial organization
- Ajaz Hussain and Serkan Bahceci, "Network Structure and Design in the Deregulated U.S. Airline Industry: an Argument for Re-Regulation?", Working Paper 325, Department of Economics, University of Toronto, 2008.
- Ajaz Hussain, "An R&D Race with Uncertain Technical Feasibility and Timing of Innovation", in Mechanisms & Policies in Economics (edited by John Roufagalas), ATINER, Athens, 2007, 105–125.
- Ajaz Hussain, "Fundamental and Secondary R&D Races", The B.E Journal of Theoretical Economics 6 (1) (2006), 1–20. (Freely available.)
- Ajaz Hussain, "Oligopoly, Game Theory ", in Encyclopedia of Managerial Economics (edited by Robert McAuliffe), Blackwell Publishers, Boston, MA, 2006, 142–146.
- Ajaz Hussain, Managerial Economics, Study Guide (Samuelson & Marks), Wiley Press, NJ, 2003.
Honors and awards
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Arts & Science Teaching Excellence Award, 2013.
- U of T Department of Economics Faculty Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 2010.
- Stephen Ehrlich Foundation Research Fellowship, Brown University, 1999.