Ph.D. (Pennsylvania, 2011), M.A. (Pennsylvania, 2007), M.Sc. (University of Texas, Austin, 2005), B.Sc. (Boğaziçi University, 2003)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 230. Phone: 416-978-5510. Fax: 416-978-6713.
Personal website: http://www.serdarozkan.me
Research fields: Macroeconomics, Labour economics
- Fatih Guvenen, Burhanettin Kuruscu, Serdar Ozkan, "Taxation of human capital and wage inequality: A cross-country analysis", Review of Economic Studies 81 (2014), 818–850.
- Fatih Guvenen, Serdar Ozkan, Jae Song, "The Nature of Countercyclical Income Risk", Journal of Political Economy 122 (3) (2014), 621–660. (Freely available.)
- Fatih Karahan and Serdar Ozkan, "On the Persistence of Income Shocks over the Life Cycle: Evidence, Theory, and Implications", Review of Economic Dynamics 16 (3) (2013), 452–476. (Freely available.)
Courses taught 2017–2018
- ECO2031H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • Macroeconomic Theory II (PhD) (Murat Celik and Serdar Ozkan) • T1-3, R1-3 • WO35, WO35
- ECO2103H1S, section L0101 (St. George) • Topics in Macroeconomic Theory (PhD) • W4-6 • GE100