Ph.D. (VU University Amsterdam, 2008), M.Sc. (Amsterdam, 2004), B.Sc. (Amsterdam, 2003)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 214. Phone: 416-978-5588. Fax: 416-978-6713.
Office: University of Toronto, Mississauga, 3224. Phone: 905-569-4237.
Personal website: http://individual.utoronto.ca/wolthoff/
Research fields: Macroeconomics, Labour economics
- Benjamin Lester, Ludo Visschers, Ronald Wolthoff, "Competing with Asking Prices", Theoretical Economics 12 (2) (2017), 731–770. (Freely available.)
- Xiaoming Cai, Pieter Gautier, Ronald Wolthoff, "Search Frictions, Competing Mechanisms and Optimal Market Segmentation", Journal of Economic Theory 169 (2017), 453–473. (Freely available.)
- Benjamin Lester, Ludo Visschers, Ronald Wolthoff, "Meeting Technologies and Optimal Trading Mechanisms in Competitive Search Markets", Journal of Economic Theory 155 (2015), 1–15. (Freely available.)
- Ronald Wolthoff, "It's About Time: Implications of the Period Length in an Equilibrium Search Model", International Economic Review 55 (3) (2014), 839–867. (Freely available.)
- Ronald Wolthoff, "Applications and Interviews: Firms' Recruiting Decisions in a Frictional Labor Market", Review of Economic Studies, forthcoming. (Freely available.)
Honors and awards
- Dean's Excellence Award, University of Toronto, 2017.
- Dean's Excellence Award, University of Toronto, 2015.
- FEEM (Young Economist) Award, European Economic Association, 2011.
Courses taught 2017–2018
- ECO2021H1F, section L0101 (St. George) • Macroeconomic Theory I (PhD) (Gueorgui Kambourov and Ronald Wolthoff) • M9-11, M11-1, W9-11 • GE100, UC261, GE100
- ECO352H5S, section L0101 (UTM) • Special Topics: Macroeconomics & the Labour Market
- ECO209Y5Y, section L0201 (UTM) • Macroeconomics for Commerce