Professor John Munro passed away on December 23, 2013. This site is maintained and kept online as an archive. For more infomation please visit the Centre for Medieval Studies
Professor John H. Munro
Department of Economics
University of Toronto
150 St. George Street
Toronto, Ontario M5S 3G7
Updated: 13 August 2013
ONLINE GLOSSARIES AND DICTIONARIES OF ECONOMICS and ECONOMIC HISTORY
- Glossary for a Course in Basic Economics: created by
Professor Ken Rea, Department of Economics, University of Toronto.
- AmosWeb Economic Glossarama
- Online Glossary of Research Economics: Provided by the Department of Economics,
- Glossaries of Economic Terms: chiefly a list of web sites with
such glossaries for economics and economic history, provided by 'the Web site of the Learning and Teaching Support Network Centre for
Economics' (Economics LTSN).
- Money Now! Macroeconomics vs. Microeconomics: a compendium of definitions and min-lectures on various themes and aspects
of both macro- and micro-economic theories
- The Oxford Encyclopedia of Economic History:
accessible from a site licence obtained by the University of Toronto Libraries. This is probably the single most
important on-line search engine now available for economic historians; but freely available in this form, i.e., via
this link on my web-site, only
to the academic community at the University of Toronto. If your computer is off-campus, and has high-speed
broadband internet, you cannot use this specific web site, but instead you must access it through the
website, of the University of Toronto's on-line Library Catalogue, clicking on the box (top of the screen) for
Encyclopedias and Dictionaries, entering the name 'Oxford
Encyclopedia of Economic History'. When it appears, you have to enter your library barcode number and pin number,
in the two boxes indicated. If, however, you use a telephone-based modem to connect with CHASS,
you can gain access directly from this
website (URL) on my Home Page. Others must acquire their own site licence.
The print edition is also available in our University of Toronto Library system:
The Oxford Encyclopedia of Economic History, ed. by Joel Mokyr (editor in chief), Maristella Botticini \par
(assistant editor), Maxine Berg, Loren Brandt, Erik Buyst, Louis Cain, Jan de Vries, Paul Lovejoy,
and John Munro (area editors), in 5 vols. (New York: Oxford University Press, 2003).
- Karl Gunnar Persson's An Economic History of Europe:: Materials, Data, Examples, Debates
- The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics Online. If not now available,
it will be as soon as the University of Toronto acquires a site licence.
- The EH.Net Encyclopedia: The Economic History Network online
- The Financial Dictionary
To John Munro's Home Page