NewsA NEW SCHOOL YEAR BEGINS
October 9, 2018
In late September, department members gathered for a barbecue to celebrate the beginning of a new academic year as well as to welcome new and returning faculty and students.
Department chair Ettore Damiano extended his personal welcome to the new cohort of graduate students, wishing them a productive and successful year in their studies.
He also took the opportunity to acknowledge a number of new faces in the faculty and staff complement of the department:
- David Price, Assistant Professor (interests: labour economics, public economics, poverty and inequality, econometrics)
- Johannes Hoelzemann, Postdoctoral Research Fellow (interests: microeconomic theory, experimental economics)
- Heather Sarsons, Postdoctoral Research Fellow jointly with the Department of Economics and the Gender and the Economy Institute (interests: labour economics, personnel economics, behavioural economics)
- Jesus Carro, visiting associate professor from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain) (interests: microeconometrics, labour economics, demography)
- Javier Fernandez-Blanco, visiting associate professor from Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Spain (interests: labour economics, international trade)
- Xiaoping Li, visiting associate professor from Central South University, Hunan, China (interests: trade, industrial organization)
- Alanna McKnight, temporarily stepping in as graduate assistant following Shakheeb Ahmed's move to a position at the Faculty of Kinesiology & Physical Education
- Sally Wong, who joined us in the spring as undergraduate administrator