Ph.D. (CEMFI - Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1995), M.Sc. (London School of Economics, 1991), M.Sc. (CEMFI - Universidad Complutense, Madrid, 1990), B.A. (Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 1988)
Office: Max Gluskin House, 150 St. George Street, 309. Phone: 416-978-4358.
Personal website: http://individual.utoronto.ca/vaguirre/
Research fields: Applied econometrics, Industrial organization, Econometrics
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Cesar Alonso-Borrego, "Labor Contracts and Flexibility: Evidence from a Labor Market Reform in Spain", Economic Inquiry 52 (2) (2014), 930–957. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Junichi Suzuki, "Identification and Counterfactuals in Dynamic Models of Market Entry and Exit", Quantitative Marketing and Economics 12 (3) (2014), 267–304. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Arvind Magesan, "Euler Equations for Estimation of Dynamic Discrete Choice Structural Models", Advances in Econometrics 31 (2013), 3–44. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria and Chun-Yu Ho, "A Dynamic Oligopoly Game of the US Airline Industry: Estimation and Policy Experiments", Journal of Econometrics 168 (1) (2012), 156–173. (Freely available.)
- Victor Aguirregabiria, "Another Look at the Identification of Dynamic Discrete Decision Processes: An Application to Retirement Behavior", Journal of Business and Economic Statistics 28 (2) (2010), 201–218. (Freely available.)
Honors and awards
- CEPR Research Fellow, 2013.
- Keynote Speaker: Conference of the European Association for Research in Industrial Economics (EARIE), 2007.
- London School of Economics, Ely Devon's Prize, 1991.